Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thoughts on the conference

This year's conference was fantastic. I certainly couldn't have asked for any better trip.

Let me list a few of the highlights:
- Greyhaus's own Julie Stevens wins the 2008 Golden Heart for Romantic Suspense.
- Bronwyn Scott receives another 3-Book deal offer from Harlequin Historicals.
- Editors are seriously looking at several of the Greyhaus Authors...
- Made some great contacts with editors and have some new projects I'll be looking for.
- Met with some great chapters during the conference and talked to others about coming to visit. If I didn't meet up with you, stay in touch.
- Heard some wonderful pitches. Also, for those of you who took me up on the offer of bringing your material to the conference for me to read, I should have an answer back to you this week.


So, what are some projects I am now looking for?

* I would love some great sexy contemporary category romances for the Mills and Boon Modern Heat line.
* I am putting the call out again for Medical Romances again. Unique locals, and very hot and steamy.
* Stories for Nocturne. I am really looking for some unique concepts so really dig for something new. Would also be interested in projects that could be extended over a couple of books. Characters do not have to be showing up in the prior book.
* I am REALLY interested in powerful women's fiction projects that focus on a serious issue for women today. I want the focus of the story to see how their life is turned upside down by this SINGLE (did you notice I said single) issue and how they learn to deal with it. I want strong and not whiney women. I want this to be a book that women readers can learn and grow from.
* I'd love to find writers out there looking to really work seriously for the category lines. I am especially interested in writers that know the line they want to target and can clearly demonstrate what they know.

On the list of topics we'll be discussing in the coming weeks: PITCHING, PITCHING, PITCHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment