Friday, July 10, 2009

Motivation Time

So, I am on day two of running like crazy. Gosh, I do love summer when it is a time to relax. At this point, I am looking at my schedule and seeing everything booked between now and the first of September. With that in mind, I want to give you a brief nugget of motivation to get you through this weekend. This especially goes for those of you heading off to Nationals and are in the middle of packing.

Remember that when it rains, it pours. Now, most of the time we see this as a negative. Right now, in my life, it feels like that. As if my schedule wasn't already busy enough, we add "just one more thing." But, remember that there is a postive side of this. It can go the other way.

When I first opened Greyhaus, in the week right before the Reno RWA Conference, I sold 7 books in one week, three of which happened when I was standing in line to register at the hotel. See, things do happen on a positive side too.

The thing to keep in mind during these busy days is to simply breathe. Don't panic. Just stop and think. Make a list. Simplify things. Keep it easy.

But don't forget that writing. Although you might not be able to sit down at the computer, keep a pad of paper with you. Jot down notes, keep little snippets of things to insert when you do get back. Just don't worry!

Have a great weekend and I will see you on the net when I come up for air.


Scott

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're the one who needs some encouragement right now!!! My grandma used to say "Don't try to run away with the plow because you won't get far. Just put your head down and pull!"

    I love your daily blurb. You've got so much good info packed in, and your advice is always so timely.

    I liked your signature yesterday.


    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete