I always threatened Kate that I would find a pefect Alien Vampire Bunny story out there. I would find one so perfect that she had to sign it. With that in mind, and in the memory of Kate Duffy, I am running for the Month of October, the ALIEN VAMPIRE BUNNY WRITNG CONTEST.
The rules are simple:
- Submit a 1st chapter of no more that 30 pages of a story with ALIEN VAMPIRE BUNNIES. Stories can be in any sub-genre but the alien vampire bunnies must play a significant role in the story.
- Submit with that a 1-2 paragraph blurb detailing what the entire story would be about. Assume a story that is 60,000-80,000 words in length
- Writers must write original stories.
- Writers may submit only 1 manuscript. NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS!
- Submissions must include contact information on the first page including: Name, Address, Phone number and email address.
- Submissions must be sent electronically to email@example.com
- Submissions must be sent no later than Oct. 31, 2009 by 5:00 PST
Winners will be selected by Scott Eagan (and potentially other readers).
Remember this contest is entirely subjective. Criteria for judging will be based on the quality of the writing and be treated as if this was really a submission for potential publishing. In other words, treat this as a real writing assignment.
Favorites will be posted here at the blog beginning in November.
The First Place Winner will receive a critique of roughly 100 pages of a romance or women's fiction manuscript.
Have fun with this one! I dare you. Do you have what it takes to make that single story that Kate Duffy would have to sign because it is too dang good?
P.S. If you have any questions, email me or post it here!