Saturday, January 23, 2010

Update on Submissions

I thought I would throw this out there after a round of dealing with submissions.

Today I was working though a pile of new proposals that had a ton of things to consider for new authors...

  • Watch the manuscripts that are too large. 100K is fine. 300K in word count is too much.
  • Claiming more than your story is... If you have connections such as Amy Tan, Cosmo Mag. and major publishers, why are you coming to me?
  • Claiming I am in books or on websites that I am not.
  • Saying one of my authors recommended you and they didn't
  • Using my online form and then submitting the first three chapters when it tells you a small word count.

These were the major ones. I won't go into details but things to consider.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment