- PLEASE READ MY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES - I am pretty clear about the genres I acquire and the ones I don't. Everything is posted so please, no sending me projects that you think I would like if it doesn't match the guidelines.
- KNOW YOUR VOICE - As many of you know, I always say that your writing only fits at limited houses. Know your voice and know which houses your writing fits at. I don't want to hear the ones you want to be at, but the ones your writing fits at.
- NO ONE HIT WONDERS - The simple fact is that I want people around for the long haul. If you only have one project and it took you 5 some odd years to write it, the odds are this is not the place for you. Expect to be producing a minimum of 2 books a year.
- KNOW THE BUSINESS - If you seem to think my job as an agent is to sell your book and do all the stuff you don't know, please don't contact me. Look, I want to work with new writers. I like to work with new writers, but this does not mean you are exempt from knowing the business.
- WILLINGNESS TO WORK, LEARN AND CHANGE - I fully expect you to listen to the recommendations I have to say. I will certainly listen to your ideas but I fully expect you to follow the guidelines that I set out. We will work on this together, but this has to be a team effort.
That about covers it.