My Want List!
- CONTEMPORARY ROMANCES - I want big and powerful romances. I want real characters in real situations that are falling in love without all of the extra baggage and problems we often see being thrown in to keep the story going. I want to see these characters really come to know and love each other. I want single title size and feel for these contemporary romances.
- CATEGORY ROMANCES - I am still actively looking for all lines of category romances. Read the guidelines for those publishers and be fully able to demonstrate you know the line and you see your place there. I also want authors that plan on staying there for a while and don't simply see this as nothing more than a stepping stone to supposedly bigger things.
- WOMEN'S FICTION - Please make sure to read my definition of women's fiction. In this case, again, I want real women in real situations. They don't have to be in traumatic situations but I want to really focus on the "female journey." I want women to read these books and say to themself, "Ah, I now understand myself." I want books that women will want to share and talk about with each other. The focus here has to be on the woman and her journey.
Things I am not overly excited about...
- Chick-lit trying to pass itself off as "romantic comedy"
- Paranormals with vamps, werewolves (or simply demons and angels doing the same thing) Find me something unique
- Haven't really gotten hooked on urban fantasy. Personally, I am still not impressed
Yeah, I think that about covers it.