Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Changes Coming to Greyhaus

Althought I will not be opening submissions until March, 2012, I did want to give you all some advance notice of some changes. I have been thinking about this for some time and over the holidays, I finally came to a decision.

Greyhaus will continue to represent romance and women's fiction authors, but will make a major shift to focus primarily on acquiring authors to write for Harlequin. In simple terms, if you want to write for the Harlequin series lines, Greyhaus will be the place to be!

Authors signing on at Greyhaus (and obviously those currently at Greyhaus) will have opportunities to write for other houses and certainly move to single title if they wish, but again, the primary focus will be Harlequin.

I will make some exceptions to this. Authors who are currently writing for other houses outside of Harlequin, and wishing to sign on and work with Greyhaus will be considered. Specifics will be available in March. Along the same lines, if there is a special need that arises during the year for specific genres outside of Harlequin, I will post that information here on the blog, the website and Facebook (which will all link to Twitter).

Now, what does this mean for those of you wishing to submit.

#1 - Know which house you want to write for and make sure to know those guidelines inside and out.

#2 - Be commited to writing for Harlequin. Do not expect to write one book for them and then "move on to other projects."

#3 - Be prepared to demonstrate that you have the ability to write several stories for that same line. I am not looking for someone who thinks they can write for all of the lines at the same time.

#4 - Be prepared to produce. This is not a publisher who wants you to only write one book a year.

That's all for now, but I will certainly keep you posted during the year. For those of you who are really interested in this, you have about three months to really get prepped for this!

I hope all of you had a great holiday and got a lot of writing done.

Scott

1 comment:

  1. I have always had Harlequin squarely in my sights. As I'm currently outlining my fourth novel this is great news for me!

    ReplyDelete