Monday, July 16, 2012

Pay Attention To Where Your Potential Agents and Editors Are

I have always thought this was really funny. Right around the time I am getting ready to head off to a conference, my email is suddenly flooded by submissions. I know that I am not the only agent that sees this strange occurance and I am sure editors see the same thing.

This is just one of those small pubtips that you see showing up on Twitter. Pay attention to upcoming conferences for the editors and agents that you might be planning on submitting your project to. If you see they will be heading out to a conference, you might want to consider holding off a bit before sending out that project.

You have to remember that in many cases, we are prepping for the conference. This will also include making sure all of the paperwork around the office is in place before we leave the office for an extended period of time.

Now, I know that some people want to get submissions in before the flood comes in from a conference, but honestly, there is no need to worry about that. Most of the conference submissions will show up far after the conference.

Don't worry about rushing. Editors and agents will always be there. Don't panic.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment