I know these appointments fill up quickly so let me provide a few tips:
- Only sign up for editors and agents that actually represent your genres. Just because there is an opening does not mean you need to be signing up for that pitch session.
- I would only sign up if your book is finished.
- Do your research carefully on the editor or agent you pitching to. Know exactly what they like in a project.
- Find me in the hallways and give me your "elevator pitch". I dare you!
- If your chapter is having a get-together let me know and have me come by and visit. I can listen to your pitches during those smaller gatherings. I will not just drop in. You need to ask me to come!