Friday, May 2, 2014

RWA Pitch Appointments

It looks as if everyone will have the chance to start registering for pitch appointments at the National Conference. I will be scheduled to take appointments from 2:30-4:30 pm on Friday, July 25th.

I know these appointments fill up quickly so let me provide a few tips:

  • Only sign up for editors and agents that actually represent your genres. Just because there is an opening does not mean you need to be signing up for that pitch session.
  • I would only sign up if your book is finished. 
  • Do your research carefully on the editor or agent you pitching to. Know exactly what they like in a project.
Now, for those of you who might not get an appointment, I have two other options for you:

  • Find me in the hallways and give me your "elevator pitch". I dare you!
  • If your chapter is having a get-together let me know and have me come by and visit. I can listen to your pitches during those smaller gatherings. I will not just drop in. You need to ask me to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment