Friday, October 3, 2014

You Make Your Career Happen

When we talk to a lot of authors who struggle with their careers, or they end up giving up their writing career, I always hear the same things. The problems always were based on things external. The struggles with the writing was never something they did.

I have been thinking about this post for sometime and I am finally getting around to posting it today. This is based on an advertisement by the American Family Insurance company starring the AMAZING SUPERBOWL WINNING QUARTERBACK FROM THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - Russell Wilson. (Look I am from Seattle so this is what we are supposed to do up here!)


If you have not seen this before, watch it. Watch several times and really digest what he has to say.

There will always be things that "get in your way" but it is up to you to decide if you want to make these an obstacle, or if you are wanting to really get over these issues. Remember, YOU are the person saying no. No one else is telling you this.

If you want to write a book, then write one. If you want to finish that book, then finish it. If you want time to write that book, then make a niche in your day to do so. You cannot tell me you are working too much at your radiology job (this reference is for one of my favorite blog followers - consider this a Blog Flog :) ), or that your kids schedules are getting in the way. You make it happen.

Here is what I want to see next week. I want to hear from you writers who finally got off your butt and got back to that story. I want to hear from you how you got those roadblocks out of your way and started on your career.

I DARE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Good motivation on a Friday morning! As I head off the web and back to work.

    ReplyDelete