Writing is TOUGH!
It's tough, on those days when the house is dirty, the yard needs mowing, the kids need to be taken somewhere, or you want to sit back and binge watch OUTLANDER, to force your butt into that chair and write the next chapter.
It's tough to get a rejection letter from your dream agent or editor.
It's tough to get a review from clearly some reviewer who doesn't know quality writing (at least that is what you think).
It's tough when you see that last royalty check and sales just weren't there.
Combine in trying to plot, develop great characters and dynamic settings and I am sure most writers really question why they are in this business.
It all seems to change when you have those small successes.
This has been a fantastic couple of days for the Greyhaus authors. We had:
- A raise on a contract for one author.
- A 4 star review on a book the author had been worrying over.
- A request for a full from a contest and an editor we have been "wooing" for sometime (WITH REVISION NOTES)
- One author received copies of her latest book in the mail (always a fun day)
- A new 4 book contract for another author
- The news that one of the authors had a relative who was really sick but there was a VERY positive turn for that relative.
- Another had a graduation
- One had her son pass 3 AP tests in a single week
- One had a son or daughter purchase a new home.