Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving From Greyhaus

So the common theme that we in the United States will be sharing is that of being thankful. I do believe that authors (especially the published authors out there) need to really take some time to reflect on where they are today and who has gotten them there.

As an agent, I have to constantly remind myself that I have some of the best authors out there (of course all of the other agents are saying the same thing). But when I look at my writers, I see people who are dedicated to their craft. They work hard for their editors. They promote like crazy. But most importantly, these are people who are great to work with.

And as writers, think of all those who are there for you. Your editors with their entire teams working to make your sales great. You have to remember all of those hidden people in the business, art and marketing departments. But also think of your fans. These are the people buying your books, writing you great reviews and sending you that well timed "thank you letter" on the days you need that boost.

Think also of those people in your writing chapter who gave you support. The critique partners who read not only your good stories but those that really were not your best.

So for all of you out there who support writers! I say THANK YOU!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment