Thursday, January 26, 2017

Busy Working With Clients

Have you ever wondered why you might not get a response back from an editor or agent as fast as you want? The answer is simple...

They are probably working with their clients at that time.

I am keeping this post short because that is exactly what I am doing right now. I haven't blogged for a while because I am working with some of the Greyhaus authors.

I remember a comment I heard from the great editor Kate Duffy at a conference regarding this. In her blunt way, she openly said that until you were one of her authors, you were never going to be on the top of the reading pile. They came first.

It is always important to remember that editors and agents are reading those new submissions on their free time. Their "office hours" are often spent in meetings with other editors, editing manuscripts of their clients, working with marketing and art departments. And then, after a long hard day, they curl up with those submissions.

So work with them... They will get to your work as fast as they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment