Monday, June 12, 2017

Updates And Opportunities

Greyhaus Literary Agency will be closed to submissions from July 1 through August 31. This is due to two reasons. The first is to give me the chance to be with my family and get my oldest ready for college (Big Times!). Any one who submitted prior to that date from an initial request will still get a response from me. Any new submissions received during that time WILL NOT BE READ. You will have to resubmit in September.

The second reason for closing is an opportunity for you. I will be offering an opportunity of critiques to raise money for a fantastic charity. 



As many of you know, my daughter rides as an equestrian in Hunter and Jumper competitions. It was through her involvement that I became aware of this fantastic charity, THE EQUUS FOUNDATION.

I am setting up the donation phase of this at the present time, but here is how this will work. 

Authors can receive a critique for either a query letter, 3-5 page synopsis, or the first three chapters of a story for a donation to the foundation. 

Please note that the critique WILL NOT count as a submission and as much as I might love the story and want to sign the story, on offer will not be made. Should an author decide to submit a story later that would be entirely up to the author. 

Critiques WILL NOT be line edits but offer general suggestions. This is especially the case for the first three chapter critiques.

At this time, the rates for the critiques are as follows:
  • Query Letter $25.00
  • 3-5 Page Synopsis $50.00
  • First Three Chapters $75.00
Again, ALL proceeds will go to the Equus Foundation.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment