Wednesday, July 15, 2020

It Just Takes Patience

As you know, I am always talking about time in this business. We talk about the time it takes to learn the craft, the time it takes to write it, and the time it takes to hear back from editors and agents. To truly be successful in this business, it does take patience - and a lot of it.

Let me explain this from my end. 

At this moment, I have 3 big proposals out to editors. From the early quick reads, they all liked what they saw, so of course, like all of you authors, you start to get your hopes up. I may check my email each morning in the hopes of seeing something great, but if it is not there, I cannot stress out if it is not there. I have to just go on with my day.

But I want to take this a step further for those of you who may have made your first sale. Maybe your book just hit the market! First of all, congratulations! That is a big accomplishment. Now let's get on with reality. DO NOT expect to suddenly see sales numbers through the rough or new proposals from your editor being sent your way and offering you 6 and 7 figure deals. Sorry, but it ain't gonna happen! It will take time. 

In time, you WILL have a following. In time, you WILL see those great offers show up. But have patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment