Friday, April 5, 2024

#MSWL Spring Break Blitz - Contemporary Women's Fiction

 


Let me first say, I am not interested in stories where you will get a rejection letter from me that states you are trying to do TOO MUCH! I want stories that readers can connect with. I want stories that, if read in a book club, guide the readers to discuss not just the story, but the impact on their personal lives.

Stories need to be 75K-100K

Stories should focus on the readers seeing the world through a traditional female lens. Stories should avoid common tropes such as: road trips, finding out the spouse left them, or "everyone in the family has an issue." I always hate to say it this way, but I want these to be "real people" ...

BUT LET ME CLARIFY THIS!!!!!

I do not want a fictionalized account of real people. I do not want memoirs. I want these the be 100% fictionalized, but the characters should be people we would likely meet or see in our real life.

Stories need to have a clear theme or message for the reader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment