Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Why You Keep On Fighting

I know there is this belief that when you land an agent, you get a career. Sorry to say this but that is a myth. Agents do not post about the number of rejections they get. Being an agent is like playing baseball. I heard this on ESPN but you are playing a game where you are losing more than you are winning. Think of it... a player in baseball is hitting .290 and we cheer. This means they are failing 71% pf the time at the plate. 

Still we grind on.

I have an author who is getting AMAZING, and yes, I did bold print that, comments back from submissions. But still rejections...

Why? It is just not right for that person.

This is a business of subjectivity. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

Let me just say, EVERY rejection has not said the writing was bad. In fact, every rejection has said the writing was AMAZING. It just did not fit with what they wanted at that immediate hour (yes I went to that level because tomorrow things may change).

The point is, she is not giving up. People LOVE her writing.

So what do you do? You just keep working at it

No comments:

Post a Comment