Saturday, October 12, 2024

Quit Looking For Shortcuts

I don't know how many times I keep saying this. but please, quit looking for short cuts. To get anywhere in any career takes time and you cannot use ways to speed up the process. Let me put it this way.

Today, I was reading submissions and passed on a project because it was not something I acquired. This happens all of the time because people are not taking the time to read or do their research. This one, however, was even more devastating. 

The author wrote back stating...

I got a list of  children’s literacy agents on Fiverr from a lady I paid.. I guess I got scammed. I just assumed the list was valid and did not double check.. 

I feel sorry for this author. There are too many people out there willing to take advantage of so many new authors trying their best to make it in this competitive market. 

Please forward this to everyone. 

DO YOUR RESEARCH

TAKE YOUR TIME

LISTEN TO ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS TO TELL YOU THINGS.


No comments:

Post a Comment