Monday, February 4, 2008

A new generation of wimps

So, I'm starting to see a real trend lately in people.
When things get tough, people quit. Instead of trying to make things work, they just run from the struggle.
Instead of trying to find a solution, they just give up.

I see this in schools. Students who find classes difficult, instead of working through the issues with the instructors, just disappear.

I see this in writing. People who get a couple of rejections, just give up.

Sure, confrontation is tough. So is failure. But this is how we learn and grow.

I'm sorry, I just don't have any sympathy for these people.

1 comment:

  1. me neither.

    what is worse, they will most likely spend their lives lamenting how awful the business is to them and how some people are just lucky. rubbish. they make it hard on us writers so they can weed out the ones who aren't prepared and driven.

    ReplyDelete