Friday, August 29, 2008

Answer for Anon.

Anon asked...
If I already asked this here, I'm sorry. I know I asked it on an agent blog but can't remember where.I paid for a manuscript critique from Harlequin's critique service.Should that be mentioned in a query letter, or later on if the agent shows interest?

I personally don't think it matters so much unless you are submitting to Harlequin. We all know a lot of writers will submit manuscripts to critique services (and sometimes pay way too much for the service). I just don't think it will sway an agent that much. At least not with me.

Scott

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think it would sway an agent in a good way. Maybe negatively because that's like saying it was bad enough to need a professional critique, lol.
    Thanks for answering though. I didn't include it in my query letters and was worried about offending anyone if they found out later.
    Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete