Sunday, July 4, 2010

Thank You NW HOUSTON RWA

This is one great group of writers! What more can I say!

We had a great weekend discussing pitches and the whole business of writing professionally. I was completely amazed at the level of quality in the writers as well as their professionalism. If you ever get a chance to work with this group, I strongly encourage you to do so.

For those of you that pitched to me, I am looking forward to seeing those projects. Will keep an eye out for those as well.

Can't wait to come back everyone. And for those of you in Orlando, make sure to swing by and say hi!

Scott

5 comments:

  1. Scott~
    It was such a pleasure hosting you at Northwest Houston. Your candid and fun presentation gave us a solid direction in delivering pitches. I look forward to working with you again.

    Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Scott, for coming out. We really appreciated it and I learned a lot. And despite my cringing look when you said "3-5" (When you said that I was thinking of my high school English teachers--over 10 years ago and I still can remember--and the writing style they drilled into me) I really enjoyed your talk. I learned a lot! Thank you for taking the time to come down. --Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Scott, thank you for a terrific workshop and especially for enduring Houston's mini-flood with us while you were here. While we can't control the weather, we do appreciate your sense of humor about it. After your insightful but intense workshop, I'm more grateful than ever to be a plotter. Those revisions will be a snap! I'm looking forward to saying hello in Orlando!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott, it was a true pleasure meeting you and hearing you workshop. As for pitching, I thought I was well past the stage of being nervous when speaking one on one with an agent. Afterall, I've pitched numerous times before, I'm before the public daily in my retail sales job...
    Ah, well. Maybe I won't panic NEXT time.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great meeting, thanks for coming out and visiting us.

    I see you have other blogs listed and thought I'd mention seducedbyhistory.blogspot.com. This is Hearts Through History's blog and has some really great posts concerning historical events and points of interest.

    ReplyDelete