Tuesday, August 11, 2020

A Greyhaus Manuscript Wish List #MSWL

 I wrote yesterday about @MSWL so I figured I would throw out a few projects I would love to see:

  • Women's Fiction stories about everyday women seeing the world in a new light. These stories should focus on a single issue (I don't want them dealing with a ton of baggage) and eventually finding out really who they are in the world. I want these stories to be thought provoking and something that anyone can relate to.
  • Women's Fiction stories around sisters realizing their bond is one of the strongest ever. These can be sisters coming back together, or sisters working through a single issue (Do you see the trend here with the single issue?) and that issue demonstrates that bond.
  • Women's fiction/Multicultural Fiction that gives us an insight into a culture we might not be familiar with. I am not looking for stories that also try to take on extreme women's issues such as rape, abuse and so forth. While these are important, I am more focused on seeing the cultural issue. What would be great here would be stories showing a clash of cultures and the protagonist learning about the culture. Think of the things Frances Mayes learned in Under The Tuscan Sun.
  • New Adult projects showing college age women taking on "the real world" either while they are in college, or immediately after graduation. I am really looking for that "S**t, now what do I do with my degree?" Again, this does not have to be about a sexual awakening or faced with those extreme issues.
  • Historical Women's Fiction immersing readers in unique times in American History that shows the struggles women face in a strong male focused world. Be willing to take a risk, but the focus needs to be on the women's view point and journey and not so much about the historical aspect. Feel free to also immerse the reader in a multicultural time. Ideas off the top of my head right now: WWII, Great Depression, Japanese Internment, Southern Black American Culture. I would not go to any topic beyond the 1950's.
Now, while I put these on the list, the other items you can find on my website are also projects I am interested in. Make sure to read through that list before submitting. 

One final note. If you do not have a project that is similar to what I have listed about that is either finished or close to be finished, do not submit or start writing it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment