Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Please Read Submission Information From Editors And Agents

I was answering submissions yesterday from new authors and I ended up answering many emails that I should not have had to answer. Why do I say this? Simply because the information is 100% available on both my website and on Query Manager. 

I had several people who were simply asking if I was open to submissions. Really? If an editor or agent is closed to submissions, we post that information on our websites. If we are using Query Manager, we simply click one button to say we are closed. All it takes is for an author to actually take the time to read.

Many of the other authors were sending projects that were just not romance or women's fiction. I know I have posted on this before, but when we say, this is what we acquire, it is not simply a Manuscript Wish List (#MSWL). So, when I say I only represent romance or women's fiction, then it means I "only represent romance and women's fiction." 

And no, I do not change my marketing plan. If you think we are, why don't you try going to your local hardware store and see if they will sell your line of lingerie? I am betting, they will likely laugh hysterically at you!

Again, all you have to do is read.

Now, I know that some of you are going to start screaming that "this just takes too much work." Sorry to say this, but being successful in any business requires time and energy. You have to take time to do your research. There are no short cuts in this business!

So, your task for this week is to not submit to any editor or agent. Spend the time to research! 

No comments:

Post a Comment