Friday, January 6, 2012

Greyhaus and 2012

Throught I would give you a bit of an update as to what Greyhaus will be up to in the coming year.

CONFERENCES, ETC.
  • Olympia RWA - Feb. 2nd
  • NOLA Stars RWA - Mar. 3-4
  • Writers Digest Webinar "The Keys to Romance and Women's Fiction - Mar. 29
  • Chicago RWA - April 27-28
  • Pacific Northwest Writers Association July 19-22
  • RWA Nationals July 25-28
I wanted to list these and let you know, if you wish to have me come and visit, chat, or teach a session to your writer's group, RWA Chapter, etc. Just email me or have your conference coordinator contact me. All you have to do is ask.

Also, if you are an RWA Chapter and want to have me visit at Nationals when your group gets together (for receptions or small meetings) again, all you have to do is invite. And yes, this goes for the PRO workshops.

OTHER HAPPENINGS
  • Beginning in March, I will be increasing my focus for looking for Harlequin authors. You will see more details on the website and with the contact information. If you are a Harlequin author start gettng your things ready now. This does not mean I will not be sending authors to other publishing houses. Authors currently with me will continue to be marketed to single title house. Authors signing on with Harlequin books will also have the chance to eventually market to the single title houses.
  • Newsletter continues. Greyhaus will continue to put out a quarterly newsletter. Sign up information is found on the main website in the News and Information section.
  • Critiques and contests are still a big thing. I believe in working with a lot of new authors. For this reason, I will continue to be open to judging contests and providing critiques to writing chapters. Again, all you have to do is ask. Along the same lines, I will continue to offer my services to RWA Nationals in the hopes to make some big strides in seeing that the Golden Heart and RITA truly do recognize the best of the best in romance and women's fiction (yes RWA, the offer still stands to work with that committee).
Have a great weekend.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment