Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Catching Up

It's been a while but hey, like you, life gets in the way. And yes, I know before any of you start jumping on the bandwagon, I always stress making sure you keep up with your writing schedule. So, with that said here are a few things that have been going on. 

RWA Promotion! I have been trying my best to promote the work being done my Megan Crane and her team as they push to create a regional RWA Chapter. As you know, I never left. I believe in a national organization that supports the great writing of romance and women's fiction. If you are someone who left a while ago, it is honestly time for you to return. This is especially true for those of you who left because someone else told you to do so. 

If you are like us in Washington State, there are no RWA chapters. This is a shame because there are some fantastic writers up here, and that connection is now just lost. For those of you who are interested in learning more about Megan's work reach out to her on social media. I know they are eager to get you involved, even if you are not in Oregon.

Workshops, Workshops, Workshops!!! I have a ton of workshops lately. Some of these have been virtual but it doesn't really matter. I love working with new authors who are eager to learn. This last weekend I did a workshop with UCLA on improving writing skills and will be doing another workshop with them this coming weekend and then one on marketing with a local college. 

If you want someone for workshops, reach out! I'll come and visit, listen to pitches and you name it. Just ask.

Working with my clients! Yes my writers are busy and hard at work. This means a lot of editing and reading. 

Reading Submissions This has been huge and unfortunately, this has not been that profitable. The number of submissions I have received from authors who need additional training has been huge. With that said, refer to my earlier comment about workshops. 

I will add, that those of you using Query Manager, please read. I have not found ANYTHING so far from this site, even though so many people think this is a great approach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment